Save Time with Express1040®Most individuals can prepare and e-file their income tax return using Express1040 in less than 30 minutes! Prepare and e-file your income tax return following these basic steps:
- Have all of your tax information gathered together.
- To create an account click Start New Return and enter the appropriate information in the required fields.
- Our easy-to-use screens and online interview will guide you through the tax application.
- After you have entered all of the necessary information, the Express1040 application will place all of your information onto Form 1040. You can view the form online making sure you have entered all the required information and that the information you have entered is correct.
- After reviewing your income tax return for accuracy and are satisfied that it is ready to be filed, click Send Tax Return. Your tax return will not be filed until you have clicked this button. Once you have clicked Send Tax Return, your tax return cannot be retrieved for any reason. It is the same as if you had put your paper tax return in mailbox at the post office.
- After a day or two you can sign in to you account and see if your tax return has been accepted by the IRS.
Express1040 keeps you informed throughout the tax filing process. You can check the status of your tax return any time by signing in to your account. After you have e-filed, we send you an email stating that your tax return has been either accepted or declined by the IRS. If the IRS declines your tax return for any reason, we will notify you via email and help you correct the problem.