Questions & Answers

Wisconsin Extension

Your return is due July 15, 2020.

If you can't file on time, you can get an extension. You may use any federal extension provision for Wisconsin, even if you're filing your federal return by July 15.

How to get an extension:
You don't need to submit a separate request for an extension to the department prior to the time you file your Wisconsin return. When you file your Form 1, enclose either:

  • a copy of your federal extension application (for example, Form 4868) or
  • a statement indicating which federal extension provision you want to apply for Wisconsin.

Let's Get Started