Questions & Answers

South Carolina Extension

General Instructions:
If you owe South Carolina income tax or if you are not requesting a federal extension, use SC4868  to request an extension of time to file your SC1040 individual income tax return or composite return for nonresident shareholders or partners of an S corporation, partnership, or LLC.

If your federal extension request was granted and you don't owe any income tax the South Carolina Department of Revenue (SCDOR) will accept a copy of the federal extension. You do not need to send the SCDOR a copy of the federal form by the due date of the tax return. When you file your return, mark the extension box on the SC1040 to indicate you filed a federal extension.

Let's Get Started