Legal Information and Notices
Description of Products and Services
Via the Site, Express1040 provides its Users with access to a variety of tax filing services for federal and state income tax returns as well as such additional services as printed tax returns, professionally bound tax returns, vault services, as well as other goods and services (all of which are referred to collectively as the "Products and Services").
This Site and the Products and Services provide users with access to a variety of on-line tax preparation goods, services and tools. However, neither the Site nor any of the Products and Services is intended to provide specific tax advice to any individual. You are encouraged to consult your own legal and/or tax professionals or the IRS with any specific questions about your own tax return(s).
All of Products and Services as well as all information accessed through or displayed on the Site (including but not limited to such things as all text, user interfaces, visual interfaces, sounds, graphics, computer code, expression, "look and feel," etc.) (collectively, "Content"), is owned or controlled by or otherwise licensed to Express1040, and is protected by copyright, trade secret, and other intellectual property laws. Express1040 hereby grants to you, the user, a personal, limited, revocable, non-transferable and non-exclusive license to access the Site and to utilize the Products and Services and Content for the limited and specific purpose of preparing and/or filing users' personal, state and/or federal income tax return and those specific goods and services related thereto as made available or facilitated through the Site or the Products and Services.
Personal and Non-Commercial Use Limitation
- Engaging in the preparation and/or filing of any fraudulent tax return-whether for yourself or another;
- The use of any computer code, data mining software, "robot," "deep-link," "page-scrape," "spider" or other automatic device, program, or methodology, or any similar or equivalent manual process to access, acquire, copy or monitor any portion of the Site or any of the Products or Services offered via the Site;
- Transmitting any material that contains software viruses, Trojan horses, worms, time bombs, or any other computer code or files which may interrupt, destroy or limit the functionality of the Site or any of the Products and Services;
- Impersonating anyone or assuming the identity of anyone;
- Transmitting or using any information that infringes any patent, trademark, trade secret, copyright or other proprietary rights of Express1040 or any third-party;
- Attempting to gain access to any portion or feature of the Site or any other systems or networks connected to the Site, or any of the Products and Services offered on or through the Site, by hacking, password mining or any other illegitimate or illegal means;
- Attempting to access, collect or store the personal data of any other users.
You agree that the intended purposes and functionalities offered by virtue of the Site and the Products and Services is for the preparation of your own federal and/or state tax returns, the e-filing of any such returns, and any other Products and Services specifically offered via this Site.
You agree to pay all fees incurred in connection with your use of this Site and any of the Products and Services accessed via the Site. Express1040 reserves the right to change its fee structure and/or to add new fees as it shall determine. For a current listing of the fees associated with this Site and/or the Products and Services you may click on the following link: www.Express1040.com/software.jsp.
Failure to pay will result in access to the Site being restricted and/or the corresponding Products and Services not being fulfilled and/or delivered.
User Account, Password, and Security
If you receive and/or utilize a password and/or account designation with regard to your use of this Site and/or any of the Products and Services offered via this Site, you agree to be solely responsible for maintaining the confidentiality of your specific password and account information, and further agree that you are fully and solely responsible for all activities that occur under your password or within your account. You agree to immediately notify Express1040 of any unauthorized use of your password or account information or of any other breach of security.
Express1040 cannot and does not assume any liability, claim, or loss for any user generated errors, including but not limited to data entry errors. However, Express1040 does offer an Accuracy Guarantee that the tax formulas and calculations accessed via any of the Products and Services offered on the Site are accurate and will produce results consistent with federal and state standards for preparing and/or filing tax returns. In the event any of the formulas and/or calculations utilized in any of the Products and Services offered by Express1040 are incorrect, then Express1040 will reimburse you any penalties and/or interest imposed by the Internal Revenue Service and/or your state of residence to the extent that such are imposed as a result of any such erroneous formulas and/or calculations. The Accuracy Guarantee is limited to penalties and/or interests as stated in this section and to no other amount(s).
If you believe that an above described calculation or formula error has occurred, you must notify Express1040 as soon as you are made aware of the mistake (and in no event later than 45 days after the interest or penalty is assessed) by mail at:
Express1040 - Accuracy Guarantee
1366 East 1120 South
Provo, UT 84606
Express1040 will then contact you to resolve the issue. In order to investigate your issue, Express1040 requires supporting information such as a copy of the IRS/state notice, evidence of payment of the specified penalty and/or interest, etc.
Maximum Refund Guarantee
If your refund is larger or your tax liability is smaller using a different tax filing method, we will refund any fees from using our service and provide you a service code for a free amended tax return. The refund (or liability) difference cannot be due to a difference in the data supplied, credits or deductions claimed, or other variation in preparation. Calculation errors in other methods and positions contrary to the law will not qualify as valid proof for larger refund amounts.
Express1040 may, but has no obligation to, monitor content posted to or generated via the Site or any of the Products and Services. We may disclose any information necessary or which we deem appropriate to satisfy our legal obligations, to protect Express1040 or our customers, or to operate or fulfill the Products and Services.
Express1040 may periodically update the Site and/or the Products and Services and/or may eliminate certain Products and/or Services as it deems appropriate in its sole discretion.
Third-Party Sites or Products and Services
You agree that your use of or business dealings with third-parties that may be found on or throughout the Site are solely between you and such third-parties. Express1040 is not and cannot be responsible or liable for any content, advertising, products, services or other materials on or available from such third-party providers. Providing links to such products and services or parties is intended as a convenience, and the inclusion of any link does not imply endorsement by Express1040 of the site or any of the products or services found on such third-party sites.
- SMS messaging is used for multi-factor authentication for your mobile number using a One-Time PIN (OTP).
- Only account authentication messages will be sent to you using SMS messaging or an automated voice call. Your number will not be used for promotional messages and opting out of SMS messages, once enabled, will need to be done through your account settings on the website.
- You can cancel the SMS service at any time. Just text "STOP" to the short code. After you send the SMS message "STOP" to us, we will send you an SMS message to confirm that SMS messages will no longer be sent. If you want to resume service, reply "START" and we will start sending SMS messages to you again.
- We are able to deliver messages to the following mobile phone carriers: Major carriers: AT&T, Verizon Wireless, Sprint, T-Mobile, MetroPCS, U.S. Cellular, Alltel, Boost Mobile, Nextel, and Virgin Mobile. Minor carriers: Alaska Communications Systems (ACS), Appalachian Wireless (EKN), Bluegrass Cellular, Cellular One of East Central IL (ECIT), Cellular One of Northeast Pennsylvania, Cincinnati Bell Wireless, Cricket, Coral Wireless (Mobi PCS), COX, Cross, Element Mobile (Flat Wireless), Epic Touch (Elkhart Telephone), GCI, Golden State, Hawkeye (Chat Mobility), Hawkeye (NW Missouri), Illinois Valley Cellular, Inland Cellular, iWireless (Iowa Wireless), Keystone Wireless (Immix Wireless/PC Man), Mosaic (Consolidated or CTC Telecom), Nex-Tech Wireless, NTelos, Panhandle Communications, Pioneer, Plateau (Texas RSA 3 Ltd), Revol, RINA, Simmetry (TMP Corporation), Thumb Cellular, Union Wireless, United Wireless, Viaero Wireless, and West Central (WCC or 5 Star Wireless). Carriers are not liable for delayed or undelivered messages.
- As always, message and data rates may apply for any messages sent to you from us and to us from you. You will receive a new multi-factor authentication each time you register a new device or each time you sign in to our service, depending on your settings. If you have any questions about your text plan or data plan, it is best to contact your wireless provider. For all questions about the services provided by this short code, you can send an email to support@support.Express1040.com.
Disclaimer of Warranties
Some states do not allow the exclusion of implied warranties at all. In such an event, the exclusion from implied warranties may not apply to you specifically.
Limitation of Liability
THE ABOVE LIMITATIONS APPLY EVEN IF TAXHAWK AND ITS SUPPLIERS HAVE BEEN ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGES.
Some states do not allow the exclusion or limitation of incidental or consequential damages, so the above limitations or exclusions may not apply to you.
By using a computer system and our software to prepare and transmit return(s) electronically, you consent to the disclosure of all information pertaining to your use of the system and software to the respective federal and state agencies, as applicable by law, and to the transmission of your tax return(s).
By using Pro Support, you are accepting these terms and conditions between you and TaxHawk, Inc. ("Express1040")
This service is available for an additional charge and requires internet access. You understand that as part of the service, a tax expert will answer your questions related to U.S. Federal tax laws (for individual Form 1040). However, state tax questions are at the expert's discretion and may change or be discontinued at any time.
Access to tax advice from credentialed CPAs or EAs is available for 12 months from the date of purchase. Access only applies to the 2022 tax return from the purchasing account and is not transferable to other accounts. Please be aware that some tax situations or topics may fall outside the scope of Pro Support as determined in the tax expert's sole discretion. Service, area of expertise, experience levels, wait times, hours of operation and availability vary, and are subject to restriction and change without notice.
WHAT IS NOT INCLUDED AND USER LIMITS
You understand that the following topics are not included in the service:
- Local, municipal, and school district tax questions
- Issues unrelated to the preparation of the tax return or unrelated to income taxes (i.e. sales, use, inheritance, etc.)
- Federal non-resident questions (Form 1040NR)
- Bankruptcy questions
- Business incorporation questions
- Consolidated returns
- Legal or investment advice
- Tax, estate, or investment planning advice
You understand the tax expert may end the communication at his/her sole discretion for the following reasons:
- Service lasting longer than 20 minutes (to ensure a good experience for all customers)
- It is determined that the customer is misusing or unnecessarily extending the duration of the communication
In accordance with Internal Revenue Guidance, any tax advice given to you, including anything provided in writing, is not intended to be used, and cannot be used, by any person or entity for the purpose of avoiding penalties imposed under the Internal Revenue Code.
The tax expert's advice is based on information that you provide to him/her. The tax expert cannot verify the information you give to him/her. If you provide incorrect or incomplete information, the advice provided to you may not be accurate. You are responsible for the preparation of your return. The tax advisor will not review your tax return and will not sign your tax return.
PRO SUPPORT GUARANTEE
Express1040 will reimburse you in the amount of the IRS or state penalty and/or interest paid by you to the IRS or state applicable to the current tax year if the IRS or state penalty and /or interest is:
- Solely a result of your reliance on incorrect advice provided to you through Pro Support.
- It cannot be because of incorrect or incomplete information provided to the expert from you
- It cannot be because of misclassification of information on the tax return
- It cannot be because you did not file an amended return to avoid or reduce an applicable penalty/interest after Express1040 notified you of the incorrect advice
- You are a registered user of Express1040 Pro Support
If the above criteria in the Pro Support Guarantee are met, you must notify Express1040 in writing at TaxHawk, Inc., Express1040 Pro Support, 1366 East 1120 South, Provo, UT 84606. Express1040 requires the following documentation:
- Copy of the IRS/State notice
- Evidence of payment of the specified penalty and/or interest
- Copy of the applicable hardcopy tax return
- Any other information Express1040 reasonably requests
YOU ARE RESPONSIBLE FOR PAYING ANY ADDITIONAL TAX LIABILITY OWED
- Your access to the Site and the Products and Services offered by Express1040 and any dispute arising therefrom SHALL BE exclusively subject to, governed by, and construed in accordance with the laws of the State of Utah, without regard to rules of conflicts of law. Any action relating to your access and use MUST be brought in state or federal courts located in and for Utah County, State of Utah and the parties hereby irrevocably consent to the exclusive jurisdiction of, and venue in such courts as the most appropriate forum.
- In the event any claim/dispute is not resolved upon exhaustion of Express1040's internal claims dispute process you agree that to the extent judicial involvement in any claim and/or dispute is necessary, all such claims shall be initiated and maintained by you as an individual claimant. Express1040 and you agree that the most appropriate and exclusive forum for any such claims SHALL BE in the state and federal courts located in and for Utah County, State of Utah. You agree that any and all disputes must be brought in your individual capacity and not as a plaintiff or class member in any purported class or representative proceeding. Specifically, you agree to waive the right to 1) participate in a class action or litigate on a class wide basis, 2) join others to litigate your claim as a mass tort lawsuit, and 3) consolidate claims with the claims of any other person. In addition, you and Express1040 each agree that should a claim be initiated in court that there will not be a jury trial and you and Express1040 unconditionally waive any right to trial by jury in any action, proceeding or counterclaim arising out of or relating to this agreement in any way. In the event of litigation, this paragraph may be filed to show a written consent to waiver of a jury and to trial by the court. You agree that you have expressly and knowingly waived these rights. The prevailing party in any such court action shall be entitled to reimbursement of all costs, expenses and attorneys' fees incurred as a result of such action.
- Due to European Union (EU) and European Economic Area (EEA) regulatory requirements, we do not provide service or intentionally collect data from EU or EEA residents. By using our service, customers represent that they are not EU or EEA residents.